Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child has special needs. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP or other suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN

Weekend Activities for Child with Autism in London

(1 Post)
imy187 Tue 11-Nov-14 15:38:26

Hi

I was wondering if anybody has any good suggestions for weekend class/activities/centre in London I could take my 4 year old son who has been diagnosed with autism?

He's getting support at school but I wanted to see if there is anything we can do with him on a regular basis on the weekend that would help him, particularly something that could stimulate more speech and more social interaction.

I was even considering getting a tutor/carer who could spend a couple of hours with on the weekend? I dont know if anybody has done this and if it helps.

I wasnt necessarily looking for something free but looking on the internet I was struggling to find much in London - whereas in US they seem to have stuff like Gymboree classes specifically geared towards autistic children.

Any tips/suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated

Cheers

Imran

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now