Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child has special needs. If you have any serious concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP or other suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN

Elvanse advice please

(2 Posts)
Sparkle1985 Thu 02-Oct-14 21:33:29

My son is 9 and has just been diagnosed with add. The doctor wants to out him elvanse 30mg has anyone else had experience with this medication?
I'm worried about the weight loss as my son is already quite slim and also worried about the effects it's going to have on him. A few reviews have mentioned a come down?
Also doctor said he only needs to take it when he goes to school so weekends and holidays he doesn't have to but will this mess his system up keep stopping and starting it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm really worried and so unsure as what to do for the best really.

MrsT1303 Thu 29-Dec-16 16:11:44

Hello, my child has been prescribed this, started taking today. May I ask how your son got on with it please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now