Advanced search

Someone to talk to re adult safeguarding

(3 Posts)
Ballyhoobird Mon 01-Oct-18 20:48:50

I have an adult family member with special needs. I need someone to talk to about hypothetical safeguarding concerns who isn't involved with their care. I don't want to talk to friends or family about it. Are there any organisations or advice lines who would have an understanding of safeguarding in relation to adults with special needs and offer advice, or even just someone to talk through worries with in confidence? Thanks

April2020mom Thu 04-Oct-18 18:09:04

Where do you live?
It’s worth looking online to see what’s available for special needs people generally speaking here. Regarding safeguarding I know that social services have a adult division try contacting them for support and advice. Your local council will be able to help you figure out what to do next and answer any questions. I recommend starting there.

Hadalifeonce Thu 06-Jun-19 22:24:47

I have just reported a safeguarding issue re my SEN brother to the referral team in their local LA. They have telephoned to discuss my concerns, and are happy to meet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »