Advanced search

Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. While many Mumsnetters have a specialist knowledge of special needs, if they post here they are posting as members, not experts. There are, however, lots of organisations that can help - some suggestions are listed here. If you've come across an organisation that you've found helpful, please tell us. Go to Special needs chat, Parents with disabilities, SN teens, SN legal, SN education, SN children.


(2 Posts)
Lisajlang Wed 04-Jan-12 15:48:59

Hi just wondering it anyone could recommend a protective hat for 17month year old, she is not walking just bum hopping but is always falling back bumping her head?

LemonJues Fri 05-Oct-12 20:19:50

Hi. I can't recommend a hat but where I used to work in the NHS, the physios would get children who needed head protection (either bcos they were frequently falling and bumping their heads or had frequent seizures and needed protection from hurting their heads) to be seen by our orthotist, who would measure up and provide a padded foam 'helmet'. Unfortunately, some parents didn't like the look of them but they were effective at protecting the child's head. Ask your local physiotherapist if the local orthotist does these helmets.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: