Talk

Advanced search

Snow suit needed for child with dislocated hips!

(3 Posts)
zippytiptoes Tue 21-Dec-10 22:04:10

I am a bit stuck at the minute as I have a child who has dislocated hips and is permanently in a hip brace. We live in the North East where temperatures are well below minus currently. My daughter has been in a hip cast/brace for the last two years and is finally digging her heels in about being physically restrained in the brace. She is rebelling and won't keep on a hat, gloves or a scarf much to my anxiety!

I have scoured the shops and internet for an all in one, warm snow suit, but the only ones I can find available are for smaller children. She is two but it would have to be a bit bigger probably to accommodate the brace...has anyone else experienced the same thing or can anyone point me in the right direction where I might find one?

Thanks a lot

PrincessScrumpy Wed 22-Dec-10 19:48:04

Have you tried www.JoJomamanbebe.co.uk they have lots of things like that. Good luck.

beachholiday Wed 22-Dec-10 19:53:31

Hi, there were lots of recommendations for snowsuits/skisuits for older children on this thread

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/special_needs/1108626-Keepin- ASD-boy-warm-in-the-snow

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: