Talk

Advanced search

Are Citizens Advice likely to have anyone who knows about autism to help with PIP appeal?

(3 Posts)
cheesecheesecheese Mon 12-Aug-19 10:05:26

Son 21 has applied for the first time for PIP and been turned down (got 2 points). He has autism. I think Citizens Advice is probably my only option to help him now that we have his assessment report but will they really be able to help if they have no experience of autism when person may be able to mask and because his parents do everything to help him?

Milkandcornflakes Thu 24-Oct-19 15:53:18

Hi OP...the citizens advice might help but have a look at Mencap or Scope.they were excellent when helping a friend of mine to get PIP for her adult son..they might have some help on their websites

Fozziebear79 Wed 06-Nov-19 19:11:54

Im just going through this right now we are at the tribunal stage awaiting a date and im also looking into what help is availble but i am struggling also. ive thought about contacting national autistic society for help . Funny enough my son sored 2 as well on pip after being on dla from 3-16 his needs and diagnosis hasnt changed one bit and im sure the new way they assess is not fit to use in an autism case as on my madatory reconcideration they said they basically had no tick box for certain elements so it was ignored .There are lots in same situation . If i find anyone that can help i will let you know .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »