Advanced search

Contribution to Direct payment

(3 Posts)
vjg13 Thu 23-May-19 10:12:48

I received a letter from social care stating my 21 year old daughter will need to make a weekly contribution to her direct payments of approx £30 each week from assessing her DLA/ESA income. They have deducted this amount from the monthly payment into her direct payment account.

Is this the normal procedure for a disabled adult or should I go nuclear?!

Thanks smile

OP’s posts: |
totallycluelessoverhere Tue 16-Jul-19 18:34:28

They can assess based on financial need and decide that the person has to make a financial Contribution based on their income / savings.
If you get direct payments then normally they just reduce the direct payment amount to yakeninto account the assessed contribution.
If you receive services instead of direct payments then they usually send you a payment card to make the contribution payments.

totallycluelessoverhere Tue 16-Jul-19 18:34:53

They can’t ask children to make contributions but can for adults

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in