Talk

Advanced search

Financial order

(1 Post)
clueless19 Tue 26-Feb-19 21:00:52

Can someone advise. My ex has taken me to court for a financial order. We divorced last year and we have two children, twins aged 16,. He is 68 and I am 40. He has always been self employed and now all of a sudden is claiming benefits council tax housing benefit and paying 50 per week for both. We have the family home which is mortgage free and I have a rental property which my mother lives in and I get rent from this. He is claiming half of both properties and contributing nothing. I offered him 100,000 and he refused because my children are going thru their GCSEs and I wanted him off our backs so it would we could move in with our lives and the children could focus in their futures. I know he wants to do this right now even tho the kids are in the middle of their GCSEs and doesn’t want to wait for a payout.I hold down two jobs and pay for everything. Today my barrister said I have a strong case of staying in the family home until twins have finished their education. I gave the court an appraisal of what both properties are worth they want formal valuations. I have never experienced this and I’m at a loss as most if it has been going over my head. Even what the solicitors say half the time I dont know what to do for the best xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »