Talk

Advanced search

Direct Payments

(2 Posts)
childrenwithneeds Tue 01-Jan-19 21:05:44

Hi there.

I receive 6 hours (£72) a week in direct payments for my DD.

A friend of mine receives for her son. She uses the money for entertainments/day trips etc and pays the Carers ticket/admission out of this money.

When I enquired, I was told although I could pay for my DD, I couldn't use the money for Carer/parent ticket...

We are both in same borough, so it's def not one borough or another, but just wondered if anyone else received direct payments and used the money for taking their child out and what else you use the money on. To clarify, I cannot pay a Carer or agency as my DD would not go with anyone, so currently use it for a weekly social club and summer holiday club through registered companies......

TIA

LegoLady95 Sat 12-Jan-19 17:44:20

I get 4 hours pw for my son and was told I can only use it to pay the carer's wages. I can't use any of it for tickets etc. for my son or the carer, or for transport/mileage - that all has to be paid by me. However I have found that many places do a free carer place, so it is just my son's ticket to buy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »