Talk

Advanced search

DLA form sent off

(9 Posts)
maybe2018 Tue 27-Nov-18 11:44:48

Hi guys!

Today sent off DLA form for son(8). He received his diagnosis 2 weeks ago of ADHD and currently being questioned for ASD.
What is the rate for ADHD?
My son has the 'high needs pupil funding' in school and has his own 1-1 who has sent her part of the form off explaining how Calvin needs support in school!!

Does anyone else child get DLA who has ADHD?

Is there a chance he will get rejected? He's in bedtime pants, he needs dressing, can't tie shoes, do tie etc. He needs 24/7 support and assistance.

Thanks guys - any advice is hugely appreciated!!! Have a nice day! Xxxx

char29q9 Mon 07-Jan-19 22:05:46

Yes as it goes on care needs rather than actual diagnosis. Have you heard back ?xxx

happybunny2018 Thu 17-Jan-19 09:51:37

Yes. We have been arsed middle care and low mobility. Took 30 days xxxx

vasillisa Tue 14-May-19 21:56:33

Great Happy, we have just sent in our claim. Its like a thesis, took months to complete but glad it is done. Dyspraxia, bladder ADD age 9, ours requires a ton of extra TLC so hoping that the DLA team take the evidence on board 1st time round like they have done with you xxx

drspouse Tue 14-May-19 21:57:41

We got middle rate care and no mobility (even though he was running off).
It's not on diagnosis as he didn't have one at that stage.

vasillisa Wed 15-May-19 19:24:02

I know, but think it strengthens case when professionals are in the file.

KisstheTeapot14 Mon 24-Jun-19 11:15:28

Ours took 6 weeks to come through but had a first payment last week (backdated to when we submitted). I'm so happy! Took weeks of work to fill the paperwork, so glad that they have recognised his extra care needs. This will make a big difference to us when thinking about additional help for DS.

Leannestraker Tue 22-Oct-19 17:14:02

Hi, I have applied for DLA for one of my sons, just wondering the rates of payment when it comes to low, middle & high? Also what dates they are paid into your bank? Thanks 🥰

JessicaKenny2018 Mon 28-Oct-19 19:56:12

@Leannestraker low rate is £23.20 a week, middle rate is £58.70 a week and higher rate is £87.65 a week. I'm not sure if they have specific payment dates but it's paid 4 weekly also if you get middle or higher rate care you can claim carers allowance as long as you earn less than £120 a week, and if you get tax credits or universal credit there is a disability element if you get middle rate or higher rate care.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »