Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA appeal

(8 Posts)
lauramaywharton Sat 10-Feb-18 21:15:17

hi i'm new here and have a child with not yet diagnosed autism and Asperger aged 5. i have made a claim for dla but have been turned down i wrote a lengthy letter for the mandatory reconsideration which i don't think even got read. and i'm now doing an appeal but i feel like i should give up on this. i just feel tired and sad every time have to do these forms. all i know is what i go through everyday with him can't be part of a normal 5 year old like they are trying to tell me. if it is then i guess i'm a rubbish mum as other people have more then one kid and cope why am i finding it so hard. i don't know what to do and i have no one to ask or even talk to. is anyone else feeling the same or have had similar stories. or even success story's with an appeal. id appreciate it right now .

Mogtheanxiouscat Mon 12-Feb-18 19:30:49

I'm just at the start of the dla process. It's taking forever to fill in.

I can only imagine how tough it must be to be turned down after you have poured your heart out.

Really hope you get a good result at the appeal.

treedragon Tue 13-Feb-18 21:23:10

Hi!

It will probably be easier if you actually have a diagnosis to support the claim.

IlikemyTeahot Wed 07-Mar-18 23:33:15

go to your local childrens centre and ask for advice they may be able to put you in touch with a support worker x

Boogles09 Sat 05-May-18 13:43:57

Had everyone I'm new at this as well. Iv been waiting for the outcome on my mandatory reconsideration for two weeks don't know if that's a good sign. Has anyone has there decision over turned recently. My danghter has been diagnosed with epilepsy and is on meds 2 time a day.

Sophisticatedsarcasm Wed 09-May-18 22:56:07

I think you’d have more chance with an actual diagnosis. We sent all letters from the assessment and the statement stating DS was diagnosed with autism. They processed it in 4 weeks.

Boogles09 Thu 10-May-18 12:24:45

Fingers crossed. She has been diagnosed with generalized epilepsy. Hopefully hear soon

MumUnderTheMoon Thu 23-Aug-18 07:53:38

The issue will be if your child's needs are significantly different to their peer group for example a 5yo who needs help feeding themselves isn't as significant as a 10yo who needs help feeding themselves. You may need to wait for a diagnosis or for the gap between your child and their peer group to widen more significantly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: