Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA mandatory reconsideration

(5 Posts)
Natmoocow Sat 11-Mar-17 21:44:04

Hi,
My daughters DLA renewal has been refused,
I asked for a mandatory reconsideration on 23/02 and said I would provide more
Evidence, this was sent off and have proof DLA received it
09/03, yet today I received the mandatory reconsideration stating they made their decision on the original evidence as I did not submit
It on time, yet I was told I had until
The 17/03 a month from the original
Decision letter.

Any advice please

donajimena Tue 04-Apr-17 15:22:43

Sorry I'm no help but I am watching with interest as I am in the same boat.

Cph21 Mon 26-Jun-17 19:48:17

Hi not sure if this is the right place to post new to this. In a nut shell my daughter was diagnosed as blind at 4 month earlier old and registered legally applied for DLA as advised by her consultant. Been told today after months of waiting that she doesn't qualify. Heartbroken isn't the word! Have sent a mandatory reconsideration by special delivery today can anyone advise if they have been through the same thing? Any ideas if I will win or if this is going to be a battle. SO very unfair to family's who have enough to deal with. Thanks in advance for any help xxx

goingslightlycrazy Mon 17-Jul-17 05:28:28

Have you contacted your local parent partnership advisory service?

They've been our main source of support. Also your local children's centre (formally Surestart) may have a good contact.

Good luck, keep persuing x

Justdontknow4321 Wed 09-Aug-17 07:28:47

You would of had a letter on the mandatory reconsideration letter and would of had to sent it in by X date on there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now