Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Law firm recommendations to challenge independent school

(3 Posts)
flyhigh Tue 14-Feb-17 14:54:04

Hi there, any law firm recommendations that can help me fight the exclusion of my 4 year old (yes 4) after his diagnosis of ADHD. I don't actually wish to return him but am outraged at their blatant discrimination!

purpleangel17 Fri 31-Mar-17 12:18:04

What do you want to achieve?

I can't help feeling it would be a waste of money to hire a solicitor to put this through the courts, unless your primary goal is to secure a payout, in which case I suggest you try Douglas Silas.

If you want an apology, a more practical solution or to bring about a change in practice, you are better placed to follow their complaints procedure and there are both free and fee-charging private advocates who can help you with this.

flyhigh Fri 31-Mar-17 12:42:22

Thanks for the reply.
We have sought advice and the thoughts at the moment is to take them to a tribunal. This is to achieve not only an apology but also an admission that they were wrong. I am not interested in any financial gain. What I am interested in achieving is them reviewing their special needs policy in a way that they can/do actually adhere to it in the future.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: