Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Pip application

(5 Posts)
Bonkerz Sun 02-Oct-16 22:41:55

Son turned 16 in July. Had a home pip assessment at start of sept. Very nice man who understood sons difficulties and was here for 4 hours.
Just received a letter saying that he has to have another home pip assessment. Is this normal?

Bonkerz Mon 03-Oct-16 12:06:06

Rang this morning and apparently it's a reassessment but we haven't yet got pip so how can they reassess??

BertPuttocks Mon 03-Oct-16 13:59:09

I'm still waiting to hear about DS' outcome so can't really help.

I'm shock at a 4hr-long assessment though. I thought DS' was bad enough when it lasted for an hour.

Did the assessor go through the questions that were on the claim form? If so, I can't understand what else they could possibly need to know. Unless the original assessor made a mistake somewhere. confused

Hope you find out what's happened soon. flowers

Bonkerz Mon 03-Oct-16 14:18:35

Thanks and yes he went through everything very carefully. He took away pages of evidence too from Cahms and SS and the autism specific school day attends. I have no more evidence for them!

Bonkerz Tue 04-Oct-16 15:07:54

Phone call today but they didn't know why we were needing to be reassessed and actually just said tough!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now