Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.


(2 Posts)
mumpaige Wed 18-Mar-15 21:44:20

Hi everybody, my son has been recently diagnosed with ADHD and is profoundly deaf in one ear (which means no hearing aid or anything can be used to help) He is extremely challenging and at the age of 6 has been temp excluded 30+ times from school and is now awaiting a placement in a special provision school. After being permanently excluded from mainstream 13 months ago. I have just been awarded higher rate care and lower rate mobility, my question really is... Has anybody been awarded higher rate mobility for there child with ADHD, im aware it dosnt affect him physically being able to walk but with his impulsive behaviour and extreme violent outbursts along with him being deaf, taking him outdoors is near enough impossible and I daren't take him on public transport for his and other peoples safety. And if he was to run off he wouldnt be able to hear me shouting him back. Sorry for the massive post im just so confused as its all new to me as I didn't even apply for DLA with his deafness from birth xx

wizzywig Thu 04-Jun-15 22:18:32

have you contacted Cerebra? they may be able to help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now