Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA up for renewal in Feb 2013.

(5 Posts)
lesleyi Fri 13-Jul-12 19:59:37 does a wonderful guide for completing the DLA form, it takes you through question by questions with suggestions on how to answer..

2old2beamum Sun 27-May-12 13:50:58

My DD's (27 yrs) DLA ran out in July 2010 and had a letter last week saying she has been awarded it indefinitely (what ever that means nowadays) I filled in no forms the letter just appeared.

akaemmafrost Fri 18-May-12 19:31:38

Thanks so much for answering. I am going to wait. He can walk unaided but gets incredibly tired, very quickly and also I have no choice but to run a car as some days I just would not get him out of the house without him knowing he is getting straight into the car. But his care needs have definitely increased without a doubt. He is no longer in school because he cannot cope there. Its all a huge mess to be honest but one I am trying to unravel.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 18-May-12 16:18:29

you usually get a renewal pack about 5/6 months before your renewal date so you have time to fill it all in before your old award of dla runs out, if you get past that date then your payments will stop. You'll be entitled to a higher rate if his care needs have increased so for hrc you'd need to prove care needs during the day and night. To get high rate hrm you have to be unable or virtually unable to walk, worth checking the nas for more info. Personally, I'd wait but then I'm a massive chicken on things like this grin

akaemmafrost Mon 14-May-12 12:43:48

I know its a long way off but I want us to be prepared as basically the DLA and CA is what keeps me and the dc going.

Does it just stop while you renew or do you renew a few months before or will it continue until they get your renewal?

Also ds has since been diagnosed with three further conditions and I would think he is probably eligible for Higher rate care and mobility now but I am too scared to re-apply at this point as I have heard so many horror stories about it just being stopped arbitrarily and having to re-apply etc. Would you re-apply in the hope of getting the higher rates or just wait until you have to?

FWIW he has HFA, Sensory Processing Disorder, Dyspraxia and Hypermobility 7/9 on the Beighton Scale. The last three were only diagnosed a few months ago. Thanks for any input.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now