Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can anyone recommend a solicitor who would deal with DDA?

(6 Posts)
ASecretLemonadeDrinker Tue 24-May-11 10:37:05

Nutshell - DS neglected at school. Not a mistake, oversight or anything, but at the end I was actually shouted at for the way I was treating the school (for trying to ensure he was looked after better) which gives you an idea of what I was dealing with. Lots of other threads, NSPCC have told me this is definatly neglect.

B o' Governers - I wrote them a letter, I guess all I can hope for is an apology as I pulled DS out of the school after waiting for weeks for a change.

I don't want compensation as such (i.e I'm not our for money!) , I want those individuals who made him suffer so much brought to justice, outside of the educational side of it.

Just about to call the police after talking to the childrens legal service (as they committed an offence), and was advised to get a personal injury solicitor. They said go with a no win no fee one, but are they any good? We don't appear to qualify for legal aid, but cannot at all afford legal fees if it starts to run into hundreds. Obviously I would sell anything I owned for justice and change, so am definatly not letting cost make me back down.

Does anyone know anywhere I can turn to? Anywhere who deals with this? An idea of costs?

Thankyou so much

Chrissssie Fri 08-Jul-11 18:25:13

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Chrissssie Sun 10-Jul-11 14:41:45

Comes a time when one answers a post, only for it to be deleted by the powers that be, tell me how can one recommend a solicitor or barrister if one gets snipped!!!!

I despair

Starchart Mon 11-Jul-11 15:25:23

Well, first you have to have at least some kind of posting history that INS'T soley about recommending a legal firm.

PassionateMum Sat 03-Sep-11 10:25:02

Call IPSEA - they are a charity that give free legal support and advice on possible disability discrimination claims in schools. They worked for us! Good solid advice - helped us focus on what was really the issue.

WetAugust Mon 12-Sep-11 20:57:39

IPSEA will not recommend any solicitors.

The personal injury route is time-consuming and you would have to have irrefutable evidence to have a very realistic prospect of winning before you could secure a No Win No Fee. As you say you don't want compensation this is not the route to go.

You'd be better off maling a formal complaint about the school to the Local Authority and pursuing the complaint through all 3 stages of the council's complaints procedure. Once that route has been exhausted you can, if you are not satisfied with the outcome, elevate the complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.

If an offence has been committed then you most definitely should report it to the Police.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: