Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Carers Allowance

(7 Posts)
pilates Wed 18-Aug-10 18:04:43

Does anyone know how much you can earn before your carer's allowance is affected?

MissTired Fri 20-Aug-10 20:14:07

about £100 i think

Dingle Wed 27-Apr-11 15:56:39

I am bumping this thread to get a bit of insight please.

Is there anyone on CA who is self employed please? How exactly can/does this work if you are only allowed to earn £100 p/week. Surely earnings would be likely to be rather inconsistent on a weekly basis.

NorthernSky Wed 27-Apr-11 16:45:24

Message deleted

Dingle Wed 27-Apr-11 17:19:12

I am looking at "other options" as I work in education ATM I only work approx 39 weeks a year so rather than being able to earn £5200 my max is around £3900. It's a shame is doesn't all tally up at the end of the financial year so I could earn a bit more in the weeks i actually work...hey ho!

Thank you.

busymum34 Fri 24-Jun-11 16:49:23

I have just called up about this myself as I have just registered self employed. I was told if I earn differently every week, I have to add up total for the year and divide by 52 and has to be under £100 a week.

hk78 Wed 10-Aug-11 16:10:54

hello, came into this section because i was going to post a very similar thread myself...

anyway, a further question:

if i can claim carer's allowance but earn JUST over the £100 limit, how is it calculated:
is it £100 gross or net?

Can I 'reduce' it to just under the £100 by using childcare vouchers or increased pension contributions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now