Talk

Advanced search

LA ignoring EHCP request

(6 Posts)
HollySwift Tue 19-Mar-19 09:53:00

As above, school submitted all evidence required at the end of December. The LA are yet to respond in any way at all - though I phoned and they verbally confirmed they received it.

I’ve sent a complaint to the director of children’s services as suggested by IPSEA website but that’s gone unanswered. It’s been 2 weeks.

IPSEA’s advice line is impossible to book for, it’s always full. What else can/do we do?

DS is 7, in year 2 and currently has full 1:1 support via SENSA funding. This funding is being withdrawn and we desperately need for him to have provision moving to KS2 as he’s at an infant and the transition alone to junior is going to be hell for him. I’m terrified!

OrchidInTheSun Tue 19-Mar-19 09:59:27

Have you spoken to parent partnership or similar in your area? Each LA has to have one. They are independent but funded by the LA to support parents of children with SEN

HollySwift Tue 19-Mar-19 10:02:20

I’ve tried but they also seem impossible to get through to!

OrchidInTheSun Tue 19-Mar-19 10:55:34

There's probably a drop in session at your paeds centre where your DS is seen. So worth contacting them if you haven't already.

The only other suggestion I have is to see if there's a local Facebook group for parents of kids with SEN. Our local one is brilliant and full of super knowledgeable and helpful people.

Good luck. Sounds v worrying

HollySwift Tue 19-Mar-19 10:59:14

My son isn’t under any paeds. He’s been on CAMHS waiting list for nearly 2 years and has his diagnostic appts next month.

He’s so clearly on the spectrum though grin

Acis Fri 05-Apr-19 22:46:04

Have you had a response? If not, write to the LA pointing out that by law they were supposed to notify you by mid February whether they were going to assess. Say that unless you hear from them within three days you will apply for judicial review.

sossen.org.uk/admin/resources/jr-2019.pdf

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: