Advanced search

Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. While many Mumsnetters have a specialist knowledge of special needs, if they post here they are posting as members, not experts. There are, however, lots of organisations that can help - some suggestions are listed here. If you've come across an organisation that you've found helpful, please tell us. Go to Special needs chat, Parents with disabilities, SN teens, SN legal, SN children, SN recommendations.

ECHP Personal Budget

(3 Posts)
stripymum Mon 23-Oct-17 21:21:22

We are transferring to an ECHP from a statement, and looking to get a private specialist school named as the placement. Should we be requesting a personal budget? Would this allow us to choose to spend the funds allocated to our son towards the specialist school fees?

Haveasay Sat 28-Oct-17 08:19:15

There are many restrictions on the use of personal budgets,but they cannot be used to fund , or partially fund , placement costs.
Ask your local authority for their guidance on use of Personal Budgets.

Tainbri Mon 30-Oct-17 16:33:17

No. You need to get the specialist school named. My son goes to an independent specialist which is named. A friend has a personal budget for her home schooled DS and it's quantified with specific tutors, therapies and activities.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: