Advanced search

Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. While many Mumsnetters have a specialist knowledge of special needs, if they post here they are posting as members, not experts. There are, however, lots of organisations that can help - some suggestions are listed here. If you've come across an organisation that you've found helpful, please tell us. Go to Special needs chat, Parents with disabilities, SN teens, SN legal, SN children, SN recommendations.

Son with Ring 21 and getting him a ECH plan

(1 Post)
phuketsue Fri 26-Feb-16 12:46:20

We are currently living in Malaysia. Our son has global delays, was diagnosed with Ring 21 at the age of 2, he is now 9, and the schools here are just not meeting his needs. We need to try to get him into a MLD school in UK however to do this he needs an ECH plan. As we are relocating back to UK we could in fact move to any area of the country, we are both teachers so would need to find teaching jobs for ourselves also. I just wanted to find out if anyone knew which areas of the country have the best budget and provisions for SN children - maybe this is too big a question?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now