Talk

Advanced search

Can't find ABA tutors in N. London

(7 Posts)
TLSP Sun 25-Aug-13 08:55:13

With the help of fellow parents on Mumsnet, we have finally learnt enough to engage and start an ABA programme. But the problem now is finding tutors to deliver the home programme. Advertised in VBcommunity, Yahoo ABA group and gumtree, but very limited responses. The few we spoken to on the phone and organised interviews with seem to follow the pattern of not been available because of existing families or already offered jobs at the last moment.

Does any one know where else to turn to to look for tutors? No tutors, no programme which is very disappointing when all we want to do his help our DS.

TLSP Thu 29-Aug-13 22:13:17

Searched the web for the past week and followed up on all the leads for experienced ABA tutors but got nothing. Got lucky today and made contact with a student who is looking to get ABA tutor experience. Hopfully she will go through with it not follow the pattern of our previous potential tutors of not being available when they come to make the home visit to meet our DS. Crossing my fingers.

It is about time we have a free list of ABA trainers to help parents who are undertaking ABA programs. I know there is one ABA tutors finding site, but it costs to download contact details etc; costs which parents can do without when doing an ABA program which can be expensive. Just me whinging.blush

TLSP Thu 29-Aug-13 22:15:45

Sorry. Should be "It is about time we have a free list of ABA tutors....."

Montessorikitchen Tue 21-Jan-14 13:30:43

i am looking for an ABA tutor in the maiden head to windsor area, for a child of 4 can anyone help, thank you, the programme is currently running with one tutor and I am looking for a second tutor.

5Flowersforme Mon 04-Mar-19 19:21:57

Hi,looking for aba tutor for my son۔i dont know from where to start?how to find consultant.as pediatrition said its not under nhs.

Palaver1 Tue 09-Apr-19 15:40:59

Got a great one we live in Harrow though

asdmommy Tue 14-May-19 20:40:31

Hello we are looking to set up a new program. Desperately looking for an aba tutor and do not know how to find any. can you guide us pls?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: