Advanced search

Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. While many Mumsnetters have a specialist knowledge of special needs, if they post here they are posting as members, not experts. There are, however, lots of organisations that can help - some suggestions are listed here. If you've come across an organisation that you've found helpful, please tell us. Go to Special needs chat, Parents with disabilities, SN teens, SN legal, SN children, SN recommendations.

What do I need to do?

(1 Post)
piglettsmummy Sun 04-Nov-12 20:00:13

My daughter has complex needs (vented during sleep) and queried absence seizures she starts main stream nursery next September. School has decided we need to meet with them before hand to discuss her needs and see if they can cope with them. Is there anything I need to do myself? Before this meeting as I'm not sure some people say I need a SEN assessment but she doesn't have educational needs as far as I am concerned just her medical problems, which do have potential to affect her day to day school life as
They affect her day to day life currently

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: