Talk

Advanced search

School run struggles

(7 Posts)
millyk Wed 16-Jan-19 12:00:51

Really exhausted today, Dd (6) is struggling so much at the moment. So many meltdowns and she's getting bigger and harder to keep safe. Today's school run she had a meltdown during which she was waving her scooter in the air trying to hit me, narrowly missing parked cars and small children. I only needed to get her 200m to the school gate and it's so difficult. We can park on site but she loves to scoot so without that as a hook I'll struggle to get her out the door and in to school at all. Just so tired of the daily fight. She'll want to go to her dance class later which was really hard to manage last week so I'm not looking forward to that. I just feel for her. She wants to do what everyone else does but just can't cope with it all and she's getting more aware when she misses out. Sorry for the negative post, today is just a tough day.

JohnnyJohns12344 Wed 16-Jan-19 18:53:36

Is she ASD?

JohnnyJohns12344 Wed 16-Jan-19 18:54:02

Also a hand hold from me to you both 💗

millyk Wed 16-Jan-19 22:32:38

Thank you. Yes, she is. Just feels like things are getting harder at the moment. I think were still recovering from Christmas here. Fingers crossed we'll have a better day tomorrow.

danni0509 Sat 19-Jan-19 16:08:46

@millyk ds is difficult like that. I swear everything is such a battle, getting him to and from school is also a nightmare thanks

millyk Sat 19-Jan-19 16:18:53

Danni, it's exhausting isn't it. It makes the simplest things so hard. We just try to pace ourselves really which is fine, we just do what she can cope with. I just feel like we're starting to do less and less and I'm starting to worry about the future more and how we'll manage as she gets older.

Anyway, home and chilling today after swimming this morning which she coped with well so that's good. Hope you're having a good weekend too.

millyk Sat 19-Jan-19 16:19:58

Do you have any strategies to help the school run Danni?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: