Talk

Advanced search

Antidepressants?

(5 Posts)
ginpink Sun 13-Jan-19 22:50:41

My son has a severe speech disorder and possible learning difficulties. I am struggling with such overwhelming sadness. Tonight I had to leave my sick baby with my husband as I just need to lie in bed and cry. I worry so so much. Tonight I can't get to sleep worrying about him. What if someone is mean to him and can't tell a nursery member of staff? Or later, a teacher? What if he's hurting and can't describe the pain to us? What if he gets lost and can't ask for help? What if he's sad and can't tell me why? I won't be able to help him.

Tonight I'm so sad I just want to die. I'd never actually kill myself as I have children to look after and I know they need me. But selfishly, I'm so overwhelmed with worry it's too consuming today. I need sleep but can't.

I've never had antidepressants before, does this sound like something I should ask for?

pannetone Sun 13-Jan-19 23:17:35

flowers ginpink I’m sorry things are so difficult for you at the moment.

Yes, please make an appointment with your GP as soon as you can and they will be able to assess if anti depressants will be helpful for you. I can’t diagnose you obviously, but I’ve been prescribed them in the past and they have helped.

Marshmallow09er Mon 14-Jan-19 14:45:20

💐 I echo Pannetone, definitely see your GP ASAP and explain how you are feeling.
I have medication for anxiety and it's helped me immensely.
A 6 week course of counselling might be beneficial to you as well.

Please don't suffer in silence, go and see your GP.

ginpink Mon 14-Jan-19 18:12:29

Thank you both I will make a gp appointment tomorrow. I had work today and I cried in the car the whole journey. I just don't feel like myself.

pannetone Mon 14-Jan-19 19:15:10

Realising you don’t feel like yourself and seeking help are important steps towards getting better. smile Wishing you all the best.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: