Talk

Advanced search

Asd son keeps pouring liquid into electrical stuff help!!

(5 Posts)
Suzanne86 Wed 09-Jan-19 20:25:38

My asd 8yr old son keeps pouring liquid into his xbox virgin boxes etc it's serious thankfully we notice before a fire could happen any advice on how to direct this habit it a serious health and safety issue!! Also he's extreamly Distructive he literally breaks everything from his items to household furniture!! It's costing alot of £££££, s to repalace everything

zzzzz Thu 10-Jan-19 09:43:51

Either reduce access to liquids or electrics.

The costs of raising a disabled child are huge compared to an able one. DLA is meant to address this. Make sure you are claiming all you are entitled to.

OneInEight Thu 10-Jan-19 10:04:09

Is he verbal? Can he tell you why? Is it specific to electronic devices? Apart form the fire hazard does he understand this will stop the x box from working? The only thing I can think of is that electronic devices often emit a high pitched hum (really aggravates ds2 at times) and it might be to try and silence this.

Boom76 Thu 10-Jan-19 10:08:58

My son likes to smash things and drop stuff out of the window. I can’t see it stopping anytime soon. He says he doesn’t know why he does it

grasspigeons Thu 10-Jan-19 12:02:24

officially you are meant to work out what the function of the behaviour is - and then you are supposed to replace it with a behaviour that performs the same function for him - so its at least as rewarding if not more.

So I have no idea how this works if you haven't got the foggiest why they do it or if he isn't even aware he is doing it...

A lot of things are good in theory but difficult in practice.

Have you any idea - is he frustrated, bored, trying to get out of doing something

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: