Talk

Advanced search

CBD oil use to reduce anxiety and challenging behaviour

(5 Posts)
mirandachi Sun 06-Jan-19 09:19:58

Does anyone know if cannabis oil is being used in the UK to help reduce anxiety and therefore challenging behaviour? I am researching this as an option for my son who has learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. Or else, does anyone know of a recommended paediatric consultant or holistic cannabis practitioner in the UK?

zzzzz Sun 06-Jan-19 11:52:24

Your paediatrician should be able to advise.

CaptainKirksSpookyghost Sun 06-Jan-19 16:50:18

Probably not a good idea to get advice about this from an online forum.

Needcoffeeimmediatley Wed 09-Jan-19 19:59:01

You can buy very low strength from Holland and Barrett.
I know lots of people who use it for various reasons but not sure where you stand with the law with giving it to children.

Nay08 Wed 16-Jan-19 22:11:54

Not sure if you have tried it yet - but many people have resorted to using CBD oils for children as well as adults. Ive seen many use it for epilepsy, anxiety, depression, ADHD fibromyalgia, parkinsons etc. As it has only recently been approved in the UK for administration, its worth contacting your GP. There are only a handful of approved practitioners that can legally prescribe medicinal cannabis. That said, you can buy CBD over the counter in places like Holland and Barrett, without the THC content.
Its up to yourself if you want to try it, but i know many people are using it now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: