Talk

Advanced search

Healios

(6 Posts)
LifeIsGoodish Thu 03-Jan-19 19:51:57

CAMHS referred 12yo ds for ASD and ADHD assessment last year. We have just been offered online assessment via Healios. Has anyone had experience of them? Can anyone advise about them?

CYPF say the current waiting list 'remains 20 months from referral', which would be another 10-12m for us, all being well. Assessment via Healios would give us an appointment within 2w.

It's tempting!

But can video-calls really substitue for face-to-face interviews?

JellySlice Thu 10-Jan-19 12:05:51

Hopeful bump...

Justanamechangepost Sat 12-Jan-19 18:53:07

We start this next weekend, am happy to pm you . I’m a compete skeptic this will help but thought I would just try

JellySlice Sat 12-Jan-19 21:29:23

After speaking to a couple of SENCOs, we have decided not to go ahead. Both were very sceptical about video interviews for diagnosis. Both commented that using screens can modify behaviour and mask behaviours, and that a child with social issues, who may feel uncomfortable in face-to-face interactions, may be entirely relaxed and function well in a video interaction.

Though for CBT and other talking therapy interventions I think Healios could be very effective.

Hope it goes well for you!

JellySlice Sat 12-Jan-19 21:30:26

So much for my namechange 🤦‍♀️

Justanamechangepost Sun 13-Jan-19 08:40:48

No worries, yes ours is for cbt so will see!
Name change is something I would do lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: