Talk

Advanced search

Just a venty one

(5 Posts)
Crappygilmore Wed 28-Nov-18 04:30:18

Ds is 8. Just had first diagnoses/assessment now waiting for the peads one. I have struggled in the past with his volatile behaviour. Its draining And soul destroying watching other mums with their kids at school. Look I know no-one is perfect and kids can be little sob's at times. But mine is constantly in trouble. Yest he ran off from teachers, into the pouring rain tipped over 4 very heavy picnic benches and bins and caused mayhem. The day before he punched his teacher. His behaviour seesaw's from one week to another. I'm tired. So very tired. This is only the tip of the iceberg. His dad left in Feb but has regular contact (3/4 days a week) I'm stressed beyond belief and am struggling to keep it together. I work 4 days a week (4/5hours a shift ) I don't sleep longer than 4 hours a night (insomnia) ds is surprisingly a good sleeper, he's been violent to his grandparents who watch him because no school club will have him and no child minder will either. I'm thinking I may have to give up my job that I love . I'm sorry to have gone on. I have no-one to talk to that isn't Judy mcJudgyson over my ds. I guess this is the life I have and I should just pull up my big girl pants and suck it up. Rant over. Sorry.

BlackeyedGruesome Wed 28-Nov-18 07:16:51

welcome to the board, so sorry it is so difficult. Have you found the pub? the goose and carrot is a good place to vent and share.

clearly school is not meeting his needs. that is not your fault, even though it is nearly always. "a parenting problem" even when it is not.

don't give up your job yet.

DobbinsVeil Wed 28-Nov-18 09:01:49

Sorry things are difficult for you. It can be relentlessly draining and isolating. What support is DS getting in school?

BlackeyedGruesome Fri 30-Nov-18 23:08:41

how are you doing crappy?

you are right in one way that you have to try and make the best of what you have got with life, but for fucks sake, school should be more supportive to you. and it is tough, and you need to get as much help as you can get with it all, because life with sen kids is fucking tough.

anyway, the goose and carrot is a good place to let off steam. they have gin, in barrels, with snorkels for those who have had such a tough day they do not want to emerge from the gin barrel.

thefudgeling Mon 03-Dec-18 16:58:05

i feel you. Feeling really isolated at the school atm. Are there any parents who are non-judgy? If you can even find one it is nice to share a smile/ chit chat.
Balckeyed the gin barrel sounds good!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: