Talk

Advanced search

Is there anywhere that can advise about a DLA application?

(7 Posts)
BobTheDuvet Mon 26-Nov-18 10:22:23

Are there any charities or organisations that anyone could recommend who could advise about a DLA application for ds. Ideally I need someone who I can talk to about his issues, who could say whether I should apply, and what to include if I do?

Claw001 Mon 26-Nov-18 11:03:02

Have a look at the Cerebra DLA guide. It’s a step by step guide, gives examples etc. Extremely helpful.

Citizens Advice can help you fill the form, if needed.

Fairylea Mon 26-Nov-18 11:33:46

I was going to suggest the cerebra dla guide too. And contact a family (the charity) are very good - both their website and helplines. Generally you are far better to do the forms yourself - they read better if they’re done by someone who personally knows the child.

BobTheDuvet Mon 26-Nov-18 12:33:02

Thank you very much. I will fill out the form myself, but just need advice on how to do it - like what should be included etc. Thanks for the links, that is very helpful.

thefudgeling Mon 03-Dec-18 17:28:36

Hi, I've recently claimed DLA for ds and used the cerebra guide. I had to ask for a mandatory reconsideration as it was turned down at first - what swung it was getting a statement from the SENCO at school so if your child is school or preschool age then I'd recommend doing that, if possible.

BobTheDuvet Mon 03-Dec-18 18:18:31

Thank you, that's very helpful advice

Howdoyoudoit31 Wed 05-Dec-18 16:12:33

You basically have to include everything in detail.

My son gets HRC & HRM from dla.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: