Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SN positive campsite in France

(4 Posts)
happymerryberries Wed 17-Aug-05 20:42:04

Just got back from our family holiday in France and felt that I should post praising it on the SN board as it was so SN positive. The site was the wonderfully named Camping Pong in the Vendee and has pitches for caravans, campers and tents as well as fixed caravans that you can hire direct from the site.

The site was great for people needing a wheelchair, with well adapted loos, well surfaced paths and pools that could be accessed by W/c users.

While we were there there was a party of about 15 French adults with a range of learning S/N (including several people with DS). They all had a great time and the staff were every bit as attentive with them as they were with the rest of the holiday makers....nothing 'in your face' or condecending, they just made sure that everyone had a damn good time. On the musical soiree night one of the men with SN was encouraged by the site staff to play his guitar and sing and he was great.

The staff were just great, very SN 'positive' for want of a better word.

dottee Wed 17-Aug-05 20:46:39

Thanks for that HMB. Do you have a link so I can get the information for a SN travel group I'm a member of?

dottee Wed 17-Aug-05 20:50:02

Think I've found it? Glad you had a great time!

happymerryberries Wed 17-Aug-05 20:52:07

http://www.lepong.com/

I should add I am in no way a SN 'expert' but MN has just left me with more 'open eyes' on this!

Oh and there was another family with a child who had DS as well....not sure if this was just a fluke of if a Frence agency has the site listed as being a good one.

Whatever, we all had a good time. Thinkg about it the washing up sinks were not accessable if you were in a W/c.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now