Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

MY baby starts kindy tomorrow

(9 Posts)
eidsvold Tue 09-Aug-05 06:13:07

After a year at playgroup at the Special Education Development Unit (SEDU) with dd1 - I have to leave her tomorrow.

Now that she is 3 - she starts a centre based kindergarten programme two mornings a week.... Wed and Thurs 9am - 11.15am.

I have been busy labelling clothes and belongings (must remember to label her shoes).....

I am sure she will have the best time... and of course dd2 finally gets some one on one time with me.... BUT i will miss her and I am worried about her. The class is mainly boys and there is one in there who has already bitten her a few weeks ago when we were all in the playground for play time. I am worried as he did that with lots of adults around and I just could not get to dd1 in time. What will happen when I am not there at all. ( I know - let the teachers sort it) BUT she is my baby!!!!!

I am sure I will cry - just hope I make it to the car before I do..... silly as she spent a year at nursery the year before we came over here ( whens he was 1 - almost 2) cause I will miss her.
for her and know she will love it.

MrsGordonRamsay Tue 09-Aug-05 06:16:00

It is hard, to let go and see them move on and up, but this is what we do as parents, empower them and then let go by degrees.

I will be thinking of you.

anniebear Tue 09-Aug-05 07:41:39

I'm sure she will have a brilliant time

Hope you are ok!!!

Fio2 Tue 09-Aug-05 07:54:39

awww good luck little eidsvold xx

nailpolish Tue 09-Aug-05 07:59:03

i know its not quite the same but my dd1 starts today - she's almost 3 - i am crying already, she is so excited even though she knows i wont be there the whole time, doesnt seem bothered (yet)

isnt it hard when you realise they have a little life of their own, they can get on without you just a little?

good luck to your dd, i hope she has the best time xxx

eidsvold Wed 10-Aug-05 03:57:16

well she had a fab time - apparently was very good.... even putting her hat back on. We have a no hat no play policy here in Queensland and when she threw her hat off ( which she does all the time) her teacher told her she could not play and dd1 looked at her all thoughtful and then when her teacher asked her to - put her hat back on SHe did however come running out to the gate to tell me it was time to go home and shouted out mum and pointed at me. SHe has been very kissy and cuddly since we got home - think she missed me!!

Now she is a kindy girl all grown up!!

nailpolish Wed 10-Aug-05 07:25:19

eidsvold Wed 10-Aug-05 22:54:36

how did your little one go np?

nailpolish Fri 12-Aug-05 11:20:36

playgroup is fab isnt it? its so nice to sneak in and watch them with other little friends around them. brings a tear...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: