Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Waiting for some good luck to arrive....

(11 Posts)
Dingle Thu 04-Aug-05 11:17:14

It seems that it's just one thing after another ATM! Mum back in hospital again due for her op this afternoon! The constant battle for Amelia, that I know you all understand.
It just seems that nothing ever goes smoothly! We bit the bullet and ordered a large summer/play house and put it on the credit cardit's due on 18th. Only problem was that we planned to extend the small existing base ourselves. The problem being that we ended up with a 2 foot drop at the front!!! Not very child friendly, so we have just paid £150 for a skip, and are working every hour of the day to try to get it done. We got some quotes, and they wanted between £800-£1500!!!!
DH's air conditioning went in his car, £150. Stereo broke,no music-tough -I'll go without.
Then our oven broke!! Paid £250 for a new oven, FIL couldn't get it to work. Now waiting for an electrician to come around and give us a quote.

I really had a rotten night last night, just so much worry, floating round my little empty brain!
Said to DH this morning that it's about time we had some good luck.....

Postie has just been. We have just been given a blue badge for Amelia!!!!!!!

I was in tears, being the silly old cow that I am!

coppertop Thu 04-Aug-05 11:22:18

Hurray for the blue badge's timely arrival.

The rest sounds like a nightmare. You're certainly more than due for some good luck.

I hope the op goes well for your mum. xx

Fio2 Thu 04-Aug-05 12:41:43

oh you do make me laugh

Dingle Thu 04-Aug-05 12:43:07

Why Fio? What have I done now?

Fio2 Thu 04-Aug-05 12:44:44

hehe

i forgot to say, i hope it goes well for your Mum x

Dingle Thu 04-Aug-05 13:08:06

Thanks Fio, she is due down in theatre now!! I know how nervous she is. They have had to take her off of her blood thinners for the op, but then need to closely monitor her because her blood clots in her dialysis machine!
I rang her up this morning,sent all our love and told her our good news!
Spent £2 at hospital already this week, £4 last week and £4 the week before that...shame I never had the badge then! Would you believe it- I only have 1 more hospital appointment during the hols!

I am still waiting to know why I am so funny!

coppertop Fri 05-Aug-05 09:50:11

How did the op go, Dingle?

Dingle Fri 05-Aug-05 10:03:01

The op went well as far as we know CT. Mum is back on her blood thinning medication and due for dialysis again this morning. She has has something called a graft put in her arm, as opposed to a fistular. These are permenant "lines" for dialysis. She should hopefully be able to use this new line in a few weeks so, fingers crossed, that all goes well.
I spoke to her last night, and although she was very groggy still, it was so great to hear her voice. As soon as they are happy with the consistency of her blood, we hope she can home.

feeling really weird today,can't work out what my emotions are doing. Should I be happy or sad...?
At least I have an oven tht works, I have been craving a traditional roast dinner for weeks now- probably because I've known I can't cook one! Perhaps that will make me feel better!

coppertop Fri 05-Aug-05 10:08:43

I'm glad the op went well. Fingers crossed that your mum will be home asap.

So no prizes for guessing what the Dingle household will be eating tonight then? See! I told you that you were due for some more good luck.

Dingle Fri 05-Aug-05 10:13:58

No roast for me tonight CT. Have to use up a fridge full of salad and food that we could cook in the combi microwave first...although it is sooo tempting to get a huge joint of meat out of the freezer! Perhaps at the weekend then!

Fio2 Fri 05-Aug-05 15:09:28

glad it went well

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: