Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Big step - dd went on an outing with the playsheme today

(10 Posts)
Blossomhill Wed 03-Aug-05 17:58:34

I was so, so scared. It was the big day out where they visit another play scheme in the borough. They had to get 2 buses and walk.
I felt so nervous and this morning I was there for about 10 minutes saying "she has got a 121 hasn't she, you won't let her out of your sight will you, remember she picks things up and eats them, don't forget she has no sense of danger"
I was hanging around and really worried about leaving her. Although knew I had to.
Nothing to worry about, she was absolutely fine and won star of the week for being so good
It's just so hard to trust other people isn't it?
To me it is another quite big milestone we have both acheived. If it was school it would be different but these are people that we dont' know that well. Thankfully it all went very well!

moondog Wed 03-Aug-05 18:01:08

An extra glass of wine for Mummy tonight then??

Glad it went well.

XXXXX

Blossomhill Wed 03-Aug-05 18:02:27

Thanks I am so glad I did let her go. I do tend to try an dwrap her in cotton wool at times and that isn't always the answer!
A lot of it is that I am not ready. Dd is as independant as they come!

Fio2 Wed 03-Aug-05 18:37:43

lovely

coppertop Wed 03-Aug-05 18:39:18

Well done to dd!

Blossomhill Thu 04-Aug-05 08:43:44

I actually felt bad when they said how excited she was about going on a bus. We never use public transport but I have decided we must go a train soon

coppertop Thu 04-Aug-05 16:09:51

Ds1 and ds2 are the other way round. We go everywhere by bus or we walk. They think going out in a car is amazing and a real treat. You can't win either way.

TheRealMrsF Thu 04-Aug-05 16:38:06

...so if i come to visit with my 'autism-mobile' (pronounced like Batmobile)....we could drive round chatting...and the boys would be happy just being in my battered old metro!!!!

coppertop Thu 04-Aug-05 18:36:17

Absolutely, MrsF! If you called it your batmobile ds2 would be in love with it forever. If I hear the words "Ah-man car!" (Batman car) one more time today I will screeeeeam!

MrsEffervescent Fri 05-Aug-05 23:58:52

Hmmmmm....would i have to peel off my AWE-tism car sticker that i paid £6 for????? Could he have an Autistic BATMOBILE!!!!
(i've also 'adapted my Mr Men sign that used to read just "Small Person" on board...now reads "small person & 1 BIG mum!!!"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now