Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can I have a spat please?

(6 Posts)
dottee Wed 03-Aug-05 16:11:51

Just took dd to the Royal Armories in Leeds. Thank goodness I had my DP worker with me. Due to 'security', all the parking spaces for disabled were taped off and I had to drop of dd and d-steps with DP worker at front door whilst I parked the car in the multi-storey. Forgive me but what's the bloody point of having 'disabled' spaces if they are roped off - please note tapes were conveniently removed for coaches dropping off foreign tourists and then replaced after the coaches had gone.

No such apology when I spat at the security guard searching handbags at door. I suppose in a way it's better to be safe than sorry but I'm still a bit miffed.

Yorkiegirl Wed 03-Aug-05 16:17:20

Message withdrawn

dottee Wed 03-Aug-05 16:39:16

Hiya Yorkie!

Actually, dd was in the best mood for walking back to the multi-story when we'd done and en route we came across 3 armed coppers (and I mean armed!). Can you imagine the fiasco if they'd shouted for us to get down? That is, dd shouting back 'naughty man!'

Yorkiegirl Wed 03-Aug-05 16:43:15

Message withdrawn

dottee Wed 03-Aug-05 16:48:59

Awwwww! That's sad!

Today is the first time I've come across any of the security stuff. It's frightening, isn't it?

(Still a little miffed about the RAs though - if they were that bothered, they could have had a quick look in the car and the blue badge. It did put dd in a bad mood for going in - she calmed down in the cafe just inside the door apparently after they'd mananged to get served. My DP worker said she'd had a lying down session with dd whilst they were queuing to get serves and I was parking up but that's life I suppose.)

Fio2 Wed 03-Aug-05 18:35:02

grr at the roped off disabled spaces, there are never any left either

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now