Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Delta summer school

(2 Posts)
geogteach Sat 30-Jul-05 15:59:17

Not sure there is anyone on here who this is relevant for but thought i'd add it in case. We have just come back from the above which is run by an organisation promoting deaf education through talking and listening (i.e. not using sign). It was great, my deaf and hearing children were looked after while DH and I attended talks relevant to DS1 starting school, we also had the chance to meet other parents in a similar situation, and young adults and parents who had already gone through the education. There were some inspiational stories from people who started school with no speech and were now able to stand at the front of the room and tell us about their time at university. I would highly recomend it if you have a deaf child, they run them for pre school and primary.

TIREDMUMMY Sat 06-Aug-05 22:46:28

Hi

I have heard of the Delta school, but don't know much about it, so I'll have a look on the web.

I have a 4 year old son with a moderate to severe loss and a 6 year old and a 1 year old girl who are both hearing.

So this could be useful

Thanks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now