Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Someone please tell me to pull myself together...

(14 Posts)
Bethron Fri 29-Jul-05 18:04:40

Message withdrawn

Pinotmum Fri 29-Jul-05 18:08:02

Couldn't you ask your dh to have a word with his parents to take either of the children for a bit. Perhaps they just don't think to offer You are entitled to feel sorry for yourself so don't apologise.

aloha Fri 29-Jul-05 18:15:21

I would say, ask, and don't wait for someone to offer. Just because they haven't offered doesn't mean they wouldn't or have some evil plan to leave you in the lurch. Tell them that it's been difficult for you later and you'd really appreciate it if they could take one or both of the kids off your hands for a bit. The worst thing that could happen is that they say no. Sounds like you've had a really tough day

coppertop Fri 29-Jul-05 18:20:19

You don't need to pull yourself together. You need a break! I think Pinotmum's idea of asking dh to ask his family for some help is a good one. Getting out of the house for a while can also help - if it's not too difficult to manage of course. Sometimes ds1 and ds2 are easy to take out. At other times they can be a nightmare.

Good luck. xxx

Bethron Fri 29-Jul-05 18:53:44

Message withdrawn

anniebear Sat 30-Jul-05 06:54:53

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time.

Nothing worse than being on your own.

I know I can ask some of my family to have the girls for me but I HATE having to ask, I just wish people would offer so you don't feel bad.

Hope you have a better day today

will e mail you later
xxx

bobbybob Sat 30-Jul-05 07:13:06

Get your dh to ask his parents to help him as he is the one who needs extra help with childcare as he is working at night. I hate feeling eternally grateful to my MIL when she "helps me out and gives me a rest" but as we only need her when dh is unavailable when he normally would be I make him ask.

My only other suggestion is just to tread water - ie don't do any big projects like tidying until your dh is around more.

mandyc66 Sat 30-Jul-05 08:09:10

in laws!!!
Its why dont you ask me..then when you do you feel guilty!!!
Everyone needs a break! You will just have to let them know!

Bethron Sat 30-Jul-05 08:51:18

Message withdrawn

Bethron Sat 30-Jul-05 08:52:02

Message withdrawn

mandyc66 Sat 30-Jul-05 09:31:40

if i have a moan mil just says its a mothers perogative to get up early etc!!! and how hard her poor baby works!!
Does she not realise if he works long hours so do I!!!
When do I get a lunch break or even an afternoon meeting in the pub!!!!!
Going to the loo alone is an achievment!!!

Bethron Sat 30-Jul-05 11:02:23

Message withdrawn

mandyc66 Sat 30-Jul-05 11:56:58

sorry was in a bit of a moody earlier I think!!!

coppertop Sat 30-Jul-05 12:18:51

I'm glad things are looking a bit better for you, Bethron.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now