Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

feeling VERY guilty this is far too easy!

(22 Posts)
Jimjams Thu 28-Jul-05 19:43:45

Feel free to tell me to shut up.

The dp's are very helpful. The person I've employed is brilliant. She takes ds2 and ds3 and I look after ds1 (usually take him out somewhere). On Tuesday mum had a day off and took ds1 home so I was sent out for the afternoon. I spent far too much in a bookshop then sat in a cafe with a coffee and cake feeling very guilty because it wasn't difficult iyswim.

DS1 is relaxed as he's having plenty of attention. DS2 and ds3 are happy.

Sooo if you haven't applied for direct payments yet then get applying!!

Miaou Thu 28-Jul-05 19:45:30

So pleased to hear you are getting a break, jimjams - I really feel for you and others in your position during the long school holidays.

Just one break like that can really put a spring in your step, can't it?

kalex Thu 28-Jul-05 19:48:48

But Jimjams when are you going to find time to read the books that you spent too much on

REALLY REALLY GLAD THAT YOU ENJOYED YOUR BREAK [SMILE]

emmatmg Thu 28-Jul-05 19:56:25

WOW, jimjams. That sounds Fab.

My ignorance is showing here but will the DP/help be there/available for you for the whole summer holiday?

I hope they are.

TheRealMrsF Thu 28-Jul-05 19:59:29

as always mine are still struggling with the getting used to being at home instead of school

Chandra Thu 28-Jul-05 19:59:35

Don't feel guilty, enjoy every minute of your "me" time, you will get used to it in time

Socci Thu 28-Jul-05 20:08:11

Message withdrawn

Blossomhill Thu 28-Jul-05 21:22:47

You carry on Jimjams. That is great news and if anyone deserves a break it's you! Please don't feel guilty for having a few hours on your own.

Heres to more bookshop and cafe days

coppertop Thu 28-Jul-05 21:27:02

After the last-minute stress of the tax worries I think you're more than entitled to have an easy life now and then.

beccaboo Thu 28-Jul-05 22:39:20

jimjams, so glad it's working out and that you're getting a break, you deserve it.

aloha Thu 28-Jul-05 23:09:38

Well, I was going to say you deserve it, but I see everyone got there first! Hmmm...do you think that means something??

ScummyMummy Thu 28-Jul-05 23:11:15

eidsvold Thu 28-Jul-05 23:44:56

fab to hear it is soooo easy - that is what life should be like... not the constant battle for support and services.

enjoy every minute of the bookshop/cafe break - it is well deserved.

Especially glad the ds's are feeling so much better for it too....

anniebear Fri 29-Jul-05 07:52:01

Thats brilliant Jimjams, I am really glad you are enjoying some time to yourself...It is precious.

I asked about Direct Payments I think around October so I may have got something set up for these summer holidays............but no, still waiting!!!

chonky Fri 29-Jul-05 10:33:01

Don't feel guilty - enjoy it!

edam Fri 29-Jul-05 10:48:02

I am sooooooo glad to hear this JJ.

RnB Fri 29-Jul-05 11:20:21

Message withdrawn

Jimjams Fri 29-Jul-05 20:54:37

And today ds1 went off happily to respite. Came back with lots of photos he's been happily looking at. I've even managed without my mother in to help me this evening (dh came home early for him).

Am booking up the campervan holiday now... Have a feeling it's going to be a disaster (Can't actually enjoy a school holiday )

I did decide it was silly to feel guilty because things were going well. So now I've stopped.

soapbox Fri 29-Jul-05 21:00:18

Jimjams - how lovely to hear that you have got the help that you and your family need.

WOnderful too to think of you getting a bit of 'me time'!! Long overdue

Fio2 Sat 30-Jul-05 16:03:36

bitch

hehehe

I have had a bolt out of the blue for a change, ds's nursery are having dd two morning a week as 'traning' for their sn person. i am happy, still want dps though so i can 'pay for it!!!

really really glad you had a great time

dinosaur Sun 31-Jul-05 13:31:28

Glad it's going well and glad you've stopped feeling guilty .

So - on to the campervan challenge, eh?

Davros Sun 31-Jul-05 13:36:29

So pleased to hear you've got something sorted Fio, esp after mother's visit!
Jimjams, you now need to spend time thinking about what cake you're going to have and important stuff like that! So glad you got it all sorted, phew! Hope things will be OK for your trip to London for the PECs conference....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: