Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

family support

(7 Posts)
jenk1 Tue 26-Jul-05 09:45:53

my hv has just told me that i can have family support as i just cant cope with ds moods,tantrums and dd has lots of allergies,asthma,eczema etc, please can someone tell me what this is as i am a natural born worrier and i dont socialise or see that many people and the thought of people coming to see me each week fills me with dread, she also said i can have day care for dd-can someone tell me what this is

Fio2 Tue 26-Jul-05 10:01:12

soprry jenk, what does she mean by 'family support"? is this arranged through her or through social services?

jenk1 Tue 26-Jul-05 10:06:04

im not sure, she said that someone comes to visit u in your home for a couple of hours once a week to help you with managing children etc and she said day care for dd which i am guessing could mean a nursery place but im not sure

Fio2 Tue 26-Jul-05 10:10:55

is this through homestart/surestart? i know rickman has hom,estart but they have been a bit unreliable.

As for nursery places, in my last town they had a social services nursery that was offered to families who were finding things difficult for whatever reason. maybe thats what she means?

jenk1 Tue 26-Jul-05 10:31:06

could be homestart-if anyone knows about this would appreciate information

Fio2 Tue 26-Jul-05 10:36:27

homestart website


jenk1 Tue 26-Jul-05 10:40:30

thanks fio2

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: