Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OH NO - Just heard!!!

(9 Posts)
eidsvold Tue 26-Jul-05 00:49:56

I thought all my friends/family and such were fine after the bombings in London - just heard a fabulous Deputy Head I worked with was in the carriage at Kings X when it was blown up. Extremely lucky to be alive. One of the few to walk out of the carriage. A guy in front of him took the impact. He was covered in this poor
guy's skin and blood.

Physically he is ok, burst ear drums and superificial wounds, but mentally he is not the same man. It has aged him, he looks like an old man now. He is back at work but he is not really talking to anyone, just staying in his office which is not like him.He was on his way to a course in Russell Square, meeting up with two others I know. Can you believe they found him in one of the hospitals? They just walked to the nearest hospital on the off chance.

He was the loveliest, most outgoing and supportive member of the senior admin at the school I worked at. He was never in his office as he was always out and about - chatting to the kids and the staff, seeing how we were getting on and such.

What a shock....

Blu Tue 26-Jul-05 01:17:54

eidsvold, that's so sad. I am so sorry to hear of the devastating effect on this poor man. How very harrowing it must have been for him.

BattyBox Tue 26-Jul-05 05:34:01

coppertop Tue 26-Jul-05 07:47:48

I can only imagine what an horrendous experience it must have been for him.

Angeliz Tue 26-Jul-05 07:48:03

poor man.

Jimjams Tue 26-Jul-05 08:15:23

Goodness- that's awful...

Twiglett Tue 26-Jul-05 08:54:09

How sad

the poor man will have a lot to work through but hopefully given time and the right kind of help he will come through the other end

Fio2 Tue 26-Jul-05 09:59:16

Hopefully he will get the right professional help to move forward. Poor Guy

saadia Tue 26-Jul-05 10:14:53

That's terrible. So many peoples' lives have been shattered by these bombs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: