Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Interesting audio book (?) with Autistic character by Jonathan Saffran

(6 Posts)
Davros Mon 25-Jul-05 17:19:56

I just received info about this which is a recording of a story by Jonathan Saffran. I can't see it on Amazon as a book so don't know if its audio only. Sounds interesting:
story

heartinthecountry Mon 25-Jul-05 21:45:44

It is a book - published by Penguin. here I've just finished it and thought it very good.

Interesting though - nowhere in the book does it mention Oskar being autistic but as I was reading it I kept thinking, this kid has real ASD traits.

Reminded me a bit of Curious Incident but with more of a story beyond the main character's ASD.

Davros Tue 26-Jul-05 09:11:30

Thanks HITC, I think I'll get it. More my cup of tea than RL (scary) stories! Need something after Harry Potter!

heartinthecountry Tue 26-Jul-05 09:44:12

It is a bit pretentious in the way it tries to be 'clever' (you will see what I mean). But if you can see beyond that it is very well written and I found it quite moving.

If you don't mind waiting a bit I can probably get a copy for you .

Davros Tue 26-Jul-05 18:09:48

Oooh, I don't mind waiting at all! Would be nice to have a cryptic lunch..... are you going away at all?

heartinthecountry Tue 26-Jul-05 21:20:15

Not going away but v. busy over next few weeks. Is your email working?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: