Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Another six weeks of this?...........

(10 Posts)
PeachyClair Mon 25-Jul-05 13:49:13

Currently my ds1 has locked himself in the loo, however today I have acquired three large bruises, DS2 is cowering under the table the PC is on and I have been punched and kicked endlessly, becasue his routine has changed. SS say that as they are short disabled kids are not a priority, only child protection. Doesn't that include DS2 then? What about mummy protection?

Love him more than life itself, but I don't think I can do this any more.

Flossam Mon 25-Jul-05 13:52:47

PC, so sorry things are so tough for you. Did I see you had an assessment yesterday? Was the above the result? I would appeal. If not I'm sure the papers would love that quote. You poor thing.

PeachyClair Mon 25-Jul-05 13:57:55

The assessment was for funds to fo to BIBIC, the assessment in April ended with 'Yes he ahs Aspergers but it isnt curable so I will discharge you, come back if any more problems'. Moved house bytr Sam's records been lost so far and GP won't refer until found.

Flossam Mon 25-Jul-05 14:00:07

Oh no. I hope they turn up soon. How can they be lost?

Fio2 Mon 25-Jul-05 14:09:14

yes we are on social services 'reserve' list too, not priority. Really is crap

trouble is my social worker really is lovely and I can only shout at her so much. It really isnt her fault, its just complete crapperty crap

Davros Mon 25-Jul-05 17:23:08

Child Protection and Disabled Childrens' Team are different as far as I know and resources are different, therefore there must be some provision for Disabled Children, doesn't sound correct to me, fobbing off!

PeachyClair Mon 25-Jul-05 17:52:29

Apparently they can't recruit Social workers; so those they can get go straight to the CP team.
That's what she told me anyhow

Fio2 Mon 25-Jul-05 17:56:49

we are under the 'disability team' but funding and social workers deal with both children with disabilities and kids from unstable homes (sorry i dont know the PC word ) funding ineveitably goes to children who need protection and who are seen as more vulnerable i suppose. it is enough to push parents with children with sevre problems over the edge though, its madness

monica2 Mon 25-Jul-05 20:08:38

Hi PeachyClair I really feel for you atm. (Whilst waiting for the notes to be sent) Could you chase up the person who did the previous assessment and ask them to send a short letter to the GP to get the ball rolling with the referral? I have never had contact with S.S. but have had a lot of help from the Autistic Outreach Service, is there one in your area that perhaps the GP could make a quick call to, they do homevisits for home strategies. Also CAMHs may be able to help, I would certainly put pressure on the GP and explain how helpless you feel.

coppertop Mon 25-Jul-05 20:29:35

PC What a useless lot of people you have to deal with.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: