Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Really interesting article about boy age 10 who has SPD (language disorder)

(5 Posts)
Blossomhill Mon 18-Jul-05 18:50:25

I have just visited SPD parents (a site I visit daily and have found very supportive) and thought I would share a new article I read here , where the owner talks a bit more about her sons progress with language and ASD behaviours (which is actually like dd). The article goes on to describe the difficulties he still encounters in certain areas and the progress made in others. It also stresses the importance of people not just picking up on the superficial aspects of the disorder, especially when the language progresses, without too much thought to the remaining underlying difficulties.
I personally found this interesting as obviously my dd has this disorder and it's great to see the progress that can be made. It is also nice to see that difficulties discussed are not underestimated!

maddiemo Mon 18-Jul-05 21:37:48

Very interesting Bh, as you know my 3 year old has a possible language disorder and lots of autistic traits so I am always interested to hear about dd and children in the same boat.

Saker Mon 18-Jul-05 22:17:51

I found this interesting as my Ds2 possibly has a language disorder and much debate around the autism thing with him. He particularly does the word finding thing getting words from the same category muddled up and sometimes he goes silent for AGES trying to find the words he wants.

TheRealMrsF Mon 18-Jul-05 23:11:58

BH- i've been on that site alot recently- getting the social stories etc.

I still am so grateful to you showing me that site...it really is fantastic!!!!

Blossomhill Wed 20-Jul-05 16:56:34

Bumping this up for Mizmiz

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now