Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.
Statement-please read(14 Posts)
Is anyone still waiting to find out their dd/ds's statement for this september?????????
my dds review was held in april and we have still not received it yet-it makes ne so
how on earth are the school supposed to plan and what about the poor support worker who doesn't even know if she has a job in six weeks
just incase you don't know dd has cerebral palsy diplegia and will be going into year 1 in september
aaaggghhhh i'm so mad............................
We just assume our statement is ongoing each year if thats the reccommendation made at review.
The statement doesn't get updated unless you request amendments.
My son is not in mainstream though so it may be different.
at dds annual review it was decided that the statement needed maintaining but a new one has to be each year as the school would not have any confirmation of what the lea would be offering(iyswim)
do you know how long the lea has to issue the statement(from the date of the review?)
tried ipsea engaged.....oh hubby has got thru
only to be told someone will call us back........
anyone know the answer please????????
Ring up LEA and say you need to have continuation of hours confirmed ASAP. Ask SENCO to do same on your behalf.
school have already rung last week..to be told that one report was missing...LIARS..LIARS..the school actually collected ALL the reports and sent them all in together with copies to everyone concerned.Headteacher made LEA check whilst she waited on the phone and they admitted that there were no reports missing that they were all there and they would deal with said statement immediately.......uuuhhhmmmm one week later...no statement-they are waiting until the schools break up so that parents have very little time and support to object(if needed)
BIG mistake in this case as i am so mad about it that i will shout it from the rooftops if neccesary this year
ps: the guy at the LEA said last week that the statement would be maintained as last year but Head needs it in writing desperately
Chatee - not sure if it helps but we haven't had dd's yet. There is a dispute between the school and the LEA over the number of hours they are funding and it has been referred back to the County Moderation Panel. They are sitting today as it happens, so I would expect to get the finalised statement through within the next two weeks (ever the optimist ). However, not much use to the school I'm afraid as they break up tomorrow!
Missed those last two posts sorry.
Just a thought, could you actually go in person to the SEN office at the LEA and demand to see someone about this? If there are no missing reports and everything is ready, in theory a copy of it should be available for you to take away with you there and then.
So for you. You shouldn't be having to do this, it is their job.
I am positive that you need to have a diploma in incompetence to get a job in the LEA SEN team!
If its being maintained ask them to fax confimation to school today. If they can't ask why.
Are the LEA offices near enough for you to go to in person. Maybe you could offer to sit and wait while they do it.
have emailed LEA guy yesterday and this am but no reply yet....going for a quick sandwich and to play with ds before i go to work(i work at the school running the After School Club) so will see if the Head has had any response too....
just so mad, i bet they would not want to be treated like this
any other comments/ experiences from others in similar situations????
no reply from ipsea yet......any one around now know the answer please?
My friend got her ds's on Saturday. One of the little boys at Amelia's SN nursery is also going to the same mainstream school as my friend ds. I asked his mum this morning and she still hadn't recieved her sons statement.
Hope that makes sense!!
still no statement this morning....
head teacher phones LEA again- they try fobbing her off again so headteacher mentions that parents have contacted ipsea for advice.....guess what
Senior person from the LEA then asks head teacher would she like a covering letter to state that the statement has been maintained and that the statement would be sent to parents first class post.......uhhmmmm YES PLEASE......
but i'm still mad at the way our child and school have been treated so will be talking to my local councillor for it to be taken further.
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.