Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Still need help with DLA forms!!!

(7 Posts)
Dingle Thu 14-Jul-05 11:20:47

Sorry ladies but after writing out 20 odd pages of info that needs to be summarised and actually put onto the form - I feel I am almost there. BUT.....

I really don't knowe what to put on pages 22-23. The part about help the child needs "from another person" when they go out.

Has anyone got any advice on this. TBH it's still very rare that she goes out without me!

MandM Thu 14-Jul-05 11:26:37

Dingle - well done! It'll all be over soon and there'll be a big glass of wine and a large bar of chocolate waiting for you!!!! (Plus a box full of craft goodies)

There...that should get you writing as fast as you can.

I'm at work so I can't have a look at my forms, but does the 'other person' not include you or dh or whoever. From memory, I thought it meant any adult that she might be out with.

Dingle Thu 14-Jul-05 12:33:45

Ooooo...MandM, that sounds like heaven to me!! How come you know me so well, am I that transparent?

I will take another look at it!

maddiemo Thu 14-Jul-05 12:42:05

Just done mine.

I said that he is not yet able to access mainstream activities but that I would be having one to one swimming lessons in the holidays and this would help him achieve a vital skill and help communication skills.

Also put private SALT.

Also put that your child does not go anywhere without you, so you are their communcation.

Everyone I know says that this is a funny part to fill in.

Socci Thu 14-Jul-05 13:17:28

Message withdrawn

Katemum Thu 14-Jul-05 17:46:59

Dingle, everyone else is right, you are the person that your child needs help from. Not sure how old your child is but you need to try and explain what help you need to provide that an nt child of the same age would not need. Horrible forms to fill in!

macwoozy Thu 14-Jul-05 18:09:47

I had trouble with that particular section as well, mainly because no one other than myself looked after my ds, well apart from his pre-school that is.
I did use pre school as an example though, explaining that on occasions there were school trips to the local park, and that he always needed extra supervision, more than what would be expected for a child his age. Not very good example but I really couldn't think of anything else.

Good luck with those dreaded forms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now