Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

neurodevelopmental paed, has anyone come across her?

(8 Posts)
shey Mon 11-Jul-05 21:57:53

We have just seen Diane Smyth and I wondered whether anyone had met her and what they thought of her diagnosis?

beccaboo Mon 11-Jul-05 22:34:10

Hi Shey, yes we saw her about a year ago and I liked her. She pointed us in the right direction, and looking back now I think her report was fairly accurate. We only saw her for an hour, so I guess it's quite difficult for her to be spot-on when she doesn't really get a chance to get to know you and your child.

What happened at your appointment - were you surprised by what she said, or was it what you were expecting?

Blossomhill Mon 11-Jul-05 22:49:53

Hi Beccaboo Haven't seen u around in ages. Hope u r ok!

beccaboo Mon 11-Jul-05 22:58:42

Hi Blossom! To be honest, have been struggling a bit lately - thanks for asking. But just come back from a whole weekend away (woohoo!) and feeling bit more positive. Sorry to hijack Shey

shey Mon 11-Jul-05 23:01:09

Hi beccaboo. we liked her very much and I did agree with her thoughts. They were quite positive and I am slightly reluctant to think completely along her lines just in case the dx is not quite accurate. Like you I felt the time was quite limited.

beccaboo Mon 11-Jul-05 23:03:55

Actually, the best thing about her report was that it got us seen by the NHS paed much quicker. It seems like they have a pile of referrals from SALTs, HVs etc, which they work through in order, but a letter from another paed which says there is a problem seems to get you to the top of the pile. Are you waiting to see an NHS person?

beccaboo Mon 11-Jul-05 23:11:28

Hi Shey, me again! Just reading another thread, I think you live very near me, I'm in Forest Hill - shall I CAT you?

shey Tue 12-Jul-05 08:45:12

beccabou, do CAT me. I am very close!
We have seen an NHS paed, who disagreed with Diane Smyth's findings!!! Wasn't at all sure about that diagnosis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now