Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Help!! refusal to eat

(9 Posts)
Fio2 Mon 11-Jul-05 08:05:49

am panicking a bit with this one! DD has been ill offf and on for the last few weeks with the runs and sickness ( I have had it too) stool sample has come back clear and she seems fine in herself. She is drinking fluids but is refusing to eat anything. I dont think she is even hungry (is she ever?)

Has anyone got any really good ideas to get her to eat or increase her appetite? any tonics or anything before she disappears when she turns sideways?

Reluctant to even bother seeing the GP as they dont seem to think this is a problem

Jimjams Mon 11-Jul-05 08:35:24

ave you thought about liquid drinks- milkshakey things. I have some here- wonder if I could get one to you.....

Fio2 Mon 11-Jul-05 08:37:07

are they fortini? I have some fortini but she is refusing to drink them!

Jimjams Mon 11-Jul-05 10:29:16

nah- they're mine and ghostys ones (Usana) . chocolate, vanilla or strawberry (although I don't have strawberry at the moment). The whole pack is a bit big to send, but maybe I could scoop some into a freezer bag for you to try? One bag of vanilla, one of choc? Email me your address if you want to give them a go

Fio2 Mon 11-Jul-05 10:37:07

oh yes please

Jimjams Mon 11-Jul-05 10:41:44

ok email me your address- I may not get them posted until tomorrow though (have a pile pof things to package, and an inclusion meeting this afternoon).

Loobie Mon 11-Jul-05 20:14:35

i found when ds done this especially after he had been unwell,he also stops eating when stressed,get tonico from the chemist its a build up tonic for kids for after and during illness but it seems to give them an appetite too which helps them get eating again.

Fio2 Tue 12-Jul-05 12:49:22

is that mindex loobie? i started giving her that this morning, thanks

Loobie Tue 12-Jul-05 14:53:58

yes minadex is the same one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now