Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Shopping with MrsF...........................What an experience!!!!

(23 Posts)
BattyBox Sat 09-Jul-05 20:23:00

I thought you would like to here of the wonderful morning MrsF and I had. It is nothing extroadinary but just thought about sharing it as we both enjoyed ourselves.

i would like to say the biggest *THANK YOU* to TheRealMrsF for going shopping with me this morning.

The best part of the morning was to sit in a quiet courtyard cafe with no hustle or bustle and talk about life and our past with no worries. We both endulged ourselves in coffee and hot chocolate...... Mrs F enjoyed the flavour of a bacon sarny with crispy bacon and lashings of tomato sauce while I wickedly endulged in a choccy gateau!!!!! Neither of us cared for watching the waist line!!!!!! There was no-one there to tell us what to eat!! It was great not to feel quilty about these heavenly foods.....!!
all we went shopping for was stationary and a boot bag for ds1 of MrsF. There were no children nagging, pulling, annoying or pestering us.. No-one shouting about when we were going to go home....
we walked leisurely between shops without rushing to keep up with husbands who are always in a hurry for some reason to get back to the car ( perhaps they think that the traffic warden pounces the moment they are a second late back to their vehicles).

I hope that others have moments like this that they treasure with a friend or by themselves!!

Let me know about them if you do because it is great to talk about them as well as the problems we have from time to time!!!!!

coppertop Sat 09-Jul-05 20:48:27

You lucky pair! I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a dh who strides off ahead at every opportunity. He says it makes his legs hurt if he walks any slower!!???

Shopping for stationery, bacon sarnies, chocolate cake, no children complaining..........Sounds like my idea of bliss.

BattyBox Sat 09-Jul-05 21:08:14

CT ....hi
it's not often we mums get out like this so why not endulge!!!!!!!!!!

TheRealMrsF Sat 09-Jul-05 21:08:48

and...thanks to my dear BattyBOx...i got some velcro football boots...she asked the sales assistant...and i was sooooo pleased!!!

I had a fantastic morning...sitting in that cafe...was like being in another world to me....a civilised one....however i sized it up as to suitability for a future visit with my darlings...and reckon it's worth a go!!!

BattyBox Sat 09-Jul-05 21:11:36

football with just velcro but football boots you can buy with an elastic chord around them to hold your child's foot inplace.....WE ARE IMPRESSED!!

coppertop Sat 09-Jul-05 21:47:42

Did you buy any stationery in the end? I sound like a sad case, getting my stationery 'kicks' through others.

Well done on finding the boots. It sounds like you two make a good shopping team.

Can I confess though that I would probably have wanted the sarnie and the cake.......

BattyBox Sun 10-Jul-05 00:04:56

we bought
. pencil case x 2
. pencils
. coloured pencils
. glue
. rulers - flexi
. gel pens
. maths set
. rubbers assorted

that feels good. NO LAMINATING POUCHES THOUGH!!!!

coppertop Sun 10-Jul-05 18:45:26

I'm assuming that when you say "rubbers" you mean the stationery variety and not the...ahem..'recreational' variety.

TheRealMrsF Sun 10-Jul-05 20:20:53

funnily enough....batty and i were discussing yesterday a couple named Mr & Mrs Sheath...SERIOUSLY!!!!!

coppertop Sun 10-Jul-05 20:49:32

Please don't tell me they have a son called Johnny!

TheRealMrsF Sun 10-Jul-05 21:04:21

now that's an idea!!!!

Hey! My penpal just emailed me....haven't heard from her for months....she's in Sydney...and we have been in contact now for 25 years!!!!

I'm trying to tempt her onto this website....

coppertop Sun 10-Jul-05 21:38:14

We'll have to tempt her on here. 25 years is amazing! How did you become penpals?

TheRealMrsF Sun 10-Jul-05 22:07:22

back when we were 13 we both recieved a form to fill in at school which you sent off via school to an international data base....the form asked you to tick different hobbies...interests etc...language...etc and then after a few weeks they sed you back a list of penpals.... i had 6 0r 7 and within a year was writing regularily to 3 or 4...but she is the only one i still have contact with.

TheRealMrsF Sun 10-Jul-05 22:08:20

for a year or two we would write maybe 3 times a week!!!! We both liked Boy George...she actually saw Culture Club in concert !!!

coppertop Sun 10-Jul-05 22:12:53

I wonder if it was the same database thingy that I used at school. I can't even remember what it was called. I got put off when a boy from Egypt (he was about 15) wrote to me asking what I thought about marriage. It was only his second letter!!

I can picture you trying out the Boy George make-up and hair.

coppertop Sun 10-Jul-05 22:14:42

Just realised I'm in stalker mode again. I think I must have followed you on to every thread today.

TheRealMrsF Sun 10-Jul-05 22:18:52

I did actually do the hair and makeup thing!!!

And alex's middle name IS GEORGE after my darling BG!!!

My MIL has met BG's DAD!!!!

coppertop Sun 10-Jul-05 22:20:57

LOL at the hair and make-up! Is there any photographic evidence lurking......

TheRealMrsF Sun 10-Jul-05 22:23:35

somewher i have a photo...me with THE hair...makeup- in stripey blue/white dungarees...with jelly shoes and a jelly bag!!!
(plastic beads and plastic earings...very 80's)!!!

But the chances of me finding that photo in the near fututre (in my hoards!) is probably less likely than me getting a diagnosis for Alex...ie VERY UNLIKELY!!!!

TheRealMrsF Sun 10-Jul-05 22:24:40

probably with the photos of me in white ski pants and red stilletos...and red lipstick and a size 6/8

coppertop Sun 10-Jul-05 22:26:30

PMSL!!! I shall now think of you as TheReal80sMrsF.

My photo collection is in serious need of organisation. I never quite seem to get around to putting them all into photo albums and so the packets end up all over the place.

TheRealMrsF Sun 10-Jul-05 23:09:35

my photo collection is shuffled throughout the understairs cupboard....i have at least 10 35mm films that i never developed...which are way past their sell by date now....and i cannot bear to throw them out...even though i know the last time i developed an out of date film ...all the photoes came back pink!!! (i'm just scared there will be an important moment on one of the films!!!)

THAT is typical of an OCD Hoarder such as I!!!!

BattyBox Tue 12-Jul-05 19:12:38

you ....a hoarder. never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now