Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DS is ill and SHOWED me where it hurt

(25 Posts)
Jimjams Sat 09-Jul-05 18:03:25

I am completely staggered. We've been practising this a bit with cuts etc, so thought I'd try. I said "show mummy where its sore" and he pointed to his forehead. I wasn't sure if he had a headache or tummyache. Now I know. Did occur ot me that because I was so pleased, he may now think that's the only answer to "show mummy where its sore". So it may never work again.

Now I just want him better, he's not v. well. Stunned though.

lynny70 Sat 09-Jul-05 18:38:01

Message deleted

fishfinger Sat 09-Jul-05 18:41:00

whjta wrong wiht him jj

ScummyMummy Sat 09-Jul-05 18:44:14

Brilliant communicating from the boy. Hope he feels better soon, jj.

soapbox Sat 09-Jul-05 18:45:30

JJ sorry to hear that he is ill, but glad he managed to 'tell' you what was wrong.

Hope he gets better soon

Janh Sat 09-Jul-05 18:48:29

That's brilliant, jimjams! Sorry he's poorly of course but thrilled that he was able to tell you

Blossomhill Sat 09-Jul-05 18:49:45

Ah bless him. What a break through

Jimjams Sat 09-Jul-05 19:01:56

not sure cod. I've suspected that he has migraines for a while, but he has a slight temp today and hasn't been sick yet. He had ABA this morning but we cut it short because he kept resting his head on the table and then at lunch came straight upstairs and climbed into the futon. Obviously has a headache though.

anniebear Sun 10-Jul-05 09:10:31

Thats brilliant

Isnt it great that we all understand how 'big' these things are?!!
Hope he is ok now

xx

RnB Sun 10-Jul-05 12:15:22

Message withdrawn

Davros Sun 10-Jul-05 13:00:19

Funny isn't it how something "bad" (being ill) can also be good in that he can communicate it to you. So, imo, its good news!

coppertop Sun 10-Jul-05 13:10:50

That's brilliant progress! :0 I hope he feels better soon.

coppertop Sun 10-Jul-05 13:11:07

Or even

Jimjams Sun 10-Jul-05 15:35:23

I didn't know whether to be happpy or sad Davros! For the first time ever during one of ds1's illnesses I didn't feel like a vet!

Temp down now but he is hideously grumpy. He just shouted "an" and pushed me away when I asked of he was sore earlier so I think his head it better.

fishfinger Sun 10-Jul-05 16:27:11

Jj thought of you
saw a woman wrsteling wiht a boy of about 8 att he park
she was having problems getting him to go where he wanted to and he was trying to nibble(!) her arm
Knwoing that i am insturcted through Mn NOT to stare, look kindly or whatever so I tried
" can i help?"
as she had a bag off stuff ont he floor
she said "no thanks" and i said "ok"
is that right?
it wasnt ignorable a s they were at my feet at the playground.
poor wman had to use all her strenght!!

fishfinger Sun 10-Jul-05 16:27:46

btw a m off to drs in a min wiht ds3 who has similar illness - grumpy adn hot
am not sure if ti sint an ear infection - could oyurs be?

fishfinger Sun 10-Jul-05 19:51:03

hey jj check his tonsils

ds3 has tonsiltus

SoupDragon Sun 10-Jul-05 19:52:51

Wow! That's a biggie isn't it? Pointing?

Jimjams Sun 10-Jul-05 20:28:21

err fishfinger- that involves him opening his mouth on command! Not possible. No-one has seen inside his mouth since he was a toddler...... (he thinks the dentist is the place you go to ride up and down on a chair then go home again- anytime the dentist puts his hand near his mouth he clamps it shut).

Not so much the pointing soupy (he does that anyway- just not using an index finger very often). It's just that he understood the question, realised that I didn't know where he hurt and that he had to show me, and then showed me in a way I'd understand.

anniebear Sun 10-Jul-05 20:38:04

I always remember a friend getting so excited that her SN 3 year old had to have a plaster on her knee!!

Because it was the first time she had fallen as she walked so late!

ghosty Sun 10-Jul-05 20:41:02

Jimjams, I should come and stay more often ...

Can I just say to everyone that I spent a night with Jimjams and her wonderful family this week and I have totally fallen in love with her DS1 ... he is bloody marvellous ... and what's more he loved me too! Spent all his time cuddling me ......
It was a massive learning curve for me ... what a life they lead, what a fantastic 3 DSs they have and what a brilliant couple Jimjams and Mr Jimjams are .....
Have I embarrassed you enough JJ?

Hope DS1 gets better soon ....

Jimjams Sun 10-Jul-05 20:42:50

tamum Sun 10-Jul-05 20:44:12

Well done ds1, and what a nice post ghosty (not surprising, but very nice).

Jimjams Sun 10-Jul-05 20:46:20

I've said somewhere else that he loved you btw ghosty (and your car!)

happymerryberries Sun 10-Jul-05 20:55:28

That was GREAT!

Sorry that he is ill and hope that he is better soon, but that was a huge step forward

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now