Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

worried about DD

(8 Posts)
jenk1 Tue 05-Jul-05 19:39:16

DD is 15months, cant crawl,walk,roll over,pull herself up off floor,has to be lifted or carried everywhere,she does say a few words though like- dada,ulers(flowers)el-lo(hello), been thinking for a while-somethings not right. She also has a lot of allergies, HV is now coming every 2-3 weeks to check on her development, worried she is going same way as Mike-DS who has AS, he was a ratty baby though and never smiled just moaned and cried all day, DD is a happy baby but i just know deep down somethings not right, think the HV knows somethings not right but doesnt want to stress me out cos ive got PND, dont know what baby girls who have been diagnosed with autism/AS were like as babies, anyone help with that?

saadia Tue 05-Jul-05 20:47:59

sorry you're so worried, can't give advice but just bumping this for you

Socci Wed 06-Jul-05 08:06:27

Message withdrawn

Fio2 Wed 06-Jul-05 08:10:17

she does sound as though she has a global development delay. My dd was similar at that age. I think you need to push for refferals to a development paedatrician and also push for physio, salt, ot and play therapy now whilst she is young. Start nagging your HV now and your Gp for refferals, it could turn out to be nothing but best to get all the right input early on

jenk1 Wed 06-Jul-05 12:16:46

thanks for your messages, firstly if i point to something she wont point to it she makes a point with her finger butmoves her hand from side to side as if waving,and second what is SALT? i have seen u guys mention it before

Fio2 Wed 06-Jul-05 12:24:23

speech and language therapist

Davros Wed 06-Jul-05 21:19:00

I think 15 mos is early, but with ASD in family I agree with Fio to get onto things as there's no harm if you don't need it. I felt the same about DD when she was between 1-2 yrs and went up and down about feeling certain she had "something" and not being worried at all. Its easy to say that was all down to ME and how I felt, but it wasn't that simple, she HAS got a higher chance of something on the spectrum but she DID seem different to some of the other little angels, and she didn't walk until 19 mos! I'd start to pursue it cautiously.

jenk1 Wed 06-Jul-05 22:31:13

well, given what happened earlier today when i tried to speak to my HV i have decided to wait a couple of months and just watch DD, she might just be a bit lazy, apparently i was as a baby, mind u though i have self referred myself to a psych as i suspect i have AS traits!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now